1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest ! Fancy contributing by becoming a moderator for PRTA? Fill out the application form!
  3. Hey Guest, PRTA is a service provided for free, this can become quite costly at times... :(
    It'd be great if you'd consider making a small contribution here. All support is greatly appreciated!

Mumble is bad

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by SirPotatoAim, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Offline

PR:BF2 Name:
    SirPotatoAim
    Hi, Hello, Good morning or evening.

I have a problem with my mumble. This problem is why I do not like to play this wonderfull game anymore.

It all startet like months ago, when suddenly my mumble stopped working, like it used to do.
    I just did not try to fix it, because i thought that there is no solution since no one talks about it in forums.

Problem:
    Every time I play PR, mumble just stops working sometimes. When I press my Push to talk button I do not see the blue icon, which tells you that you are talking and I can not hear anyone. This lasts for about 10-30sec then it works fine for some time (1min-2min) and then it happens again.
    This problem has been frustrating me for some time now, since I can not have any conversations, I can not play Squadlead, since i wont be able to talk or hear often and I can not do my beloved TRANS since I can not communicate with other Squadleads.

I hope someone can help me.

Thank you
  2. Offline
    Wicca Wicca Project Founder

Head of PRTA PR:BF2 Resident Administrator NATO Potato

Wiccaaaaa
    Did you perchance get a new headset or change audio cards or settings when the problem started occuring. Similarly, did you ensure that the sound device is not exclusive.
  3. Offline

SirPotatoAim
    My headset has been the same since i am playing pr, have not changed it. At all I did not change any hardware on my PC.
    I am not sure tho, if i changed some settings that could cause it, since I been living with this problem for months.
  4. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    Right click this icon:
    upload_2017-12-2_11-37-29.png
    upload_2017-12-2_11-38-8.png

Open preferences on your headset.
    upload_2017-12-2_11-39-3.png

Go to advanced and ensure that programs are not allowed exclusive permissions on your headset. (Click use or ok)
    tobi-the-fraggel likes this.
  5. Offline

SirPotatoAim
    thank you very much!!
  6. Offline

Wiccaaaaa
    Why dont you join this community and give back all that I have given you! :barefoot:
    tobi-the-fraggel and Danielj15 like this.